Sometimes we can all use a friendly reminder to keep us from backsliding into old ways of thinking about selling that lead us down the wrong path with potential clients.
New Thinking = New Results
Maybe it’s time to take a different approach. Maybe we need to seriously analyze our sales thinking so we can identify why we’re not making more sales. Take a look at the table below and thinkabout your current selling mindset. How would your selling behaviors change if you changed your sales thinking?
Traditional Sales Mindset Vs Unlock The Game™ Mindset
1. Always deliver a strong sales pitch. Vs Stop the sales pitch — and start a conversation.
2. Your central objective is always to close the sale. Vs Your central goal is always to discover whether you and your potential client are a good fit.
3. When you lose a sale, it’s usually at the end of the sales process. Vs When you lose a sale, it’s usually right at the beginning of the sales process.
4. Rejection is a normal part of selling. Vs Sales pressure is the only cause of rejection. Rejection should never happen.
5. Keep chasing every potential client until you get a yes or a no. Vs Never chase a potential client — you’ll only trigger more sales pressure.
6. When a prospect offers objections, challenge and/or counter them. Vs When a potential client offers objections, uncover the truth behind them.
7. If a potential client challenges the value of your product or service, you must defend yourself and explain the value. Vs Never defend yourself or what you have to offer — it only creates more sales pressure.
Let’s take a closer look at these central Unlock The Game™ concepts so you can begin to open up your current sales thinking and become more effective in your selling activities:
1) Stop the sales pitch — and start a conversation.